Sunday, October 5, 2014

Initially itinerary for my trip in December, Who can help me ?

After visiting Cambodia and Laos over the last three years, I will finally want to visit Vietnam (history and food makes it an interesting place to visit for me) during my three month trip through SEA (in addition of spending a few weeks in Thailand, and a bit time in Laos and Cambodia again). I initially planned 30 days for Vietnam, but happy to get a longer Visa and stay more like 40 days there (arriving first week in December). As usually it is a big task to create an itinerary, and it was slightly more complicated as I will spend Christmas and New Year there (first time not being in Europe for both). It seems spending Christmas in Hui An and New Year in HCMC is my preferred option (not able to make it to HCMC for Christmas).

Considering these constraints I try to combine some cultural bits, some outdoor activities and of course visiting the sights that are famous. I am a solo traveller, and with a daily budget of around $50 I hope to easily travel around (with some funding for some parts that could be more expensive, like trekking or Ha Long Bay tour or a flight if required).

Checked other itineraries posted here already (which gave me further ideas), and all the reading and researching led me to this first initial plan, and would welcome any comments and advise.

Day 1: Arriving from Laos via Tay Trang and heading to Sapa

Day 2 – 7: Sapa (trekking, maybe add a day trip to one of the local markets I read about) – taking the train (either daytime or overnight one) to Hanoi

Day 8-10: Hanoi

Day 11 – 13 Ha Long Bay (really want to experience this area). Take the train in the evening of day 13 from Hanoi to Nimh Binh

Day 14 – 16 Ninh Binh – sounds an interesting area and read good comments here on TA. Taking overnight train to Hue

Day 17 – 19 Hue

Day 20 – 22: Hoi An (spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here)

Day 23 – 26: Kon Tum – adding a place off the beaten track, and the description of the area sounds good to relax a bit, and visiting a minority village in that area

Day 27 – 30: Flying to HCMC (it seems I need to take one flight as Kon Tum is a bit away) – staying New Year’s Eve in HCMC

Day 31 – 37: Mekong Delta + Phu Quol Island: Exploring the Mekong Delta and enjoying a few days on the beach (will finish my trip before heading home on a Thai island beginning of February

Day 38: Ha Tien and crossing into Cambodia (can you get a VoA at that border? I have read conflicting information about that)

I am aware that I only spend 3 days in most places. While I prefer staying longer to explore and experience places a bit more, it seems I see a bit more of the country this way. I will try to travel manly by train (more comfortable), except getting to and from Kon Tum, so I hope I didn’t underestimate any distances (got a good idea how long the travelling time will be). But it would be appreciated to get any feedback or comments regarding this itinerary, as I want to ensure that I will have a great time in Vietnam.

Initially itinerary for my trip in December, Who can help me ? Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Sophia Maria

1 comments: