Question from Phillip
Hi all,
I will be venturing to Vietnam next month. Will be in Hanoi doing all the usual things, then heading down South to HCMC. Now the question is, the weather in Central VN, I would like to depending on the weather get the overnight train to get to Dong Hoi in the morning, do Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park via the Easytiger hostel, the next morning head to Hue via DMZ Bus Transfer. Stay overnight, catch the morning train from Hue to Danang, and bus it to Hoi An for a few days before heading back south.
I know the weather is hit and miss, and it's not predictable until days before, however based on the past weather, would it be wise for me to carry on with my itinerary or bypass central Vietnam completely and head to De Lat instead? I am looking at sight seeing, seeing the culture, I'm not too bother about beaches. basically would the rain, floods spoils my adventure to central Vietnam or not?
Many thanks for your time
Phillip
Answer :
Erm, weather is as weather does. Nobody can say what will happen on the day(s) you will be in your chosen destinations.
Be bold and go for it (whatever 'it' is) or play it safe. The choice and responsibility are yours, and it should never be otherwise.
It will help to have a plan B though, which of course means not tying yourself into rigid itinerary with all transportation and hotels booked in advance.
Such are the joys of spontaneous travel, which in my experience is far more rewarding than hard and fast plans. But that's just my preference and I can understand that many people are not comfortable with it, due to time constraints or whatever.
Answer :
The long distance weather forecasts are much more reliable than what I have found in the west. A 7 day forecast by one of the more elaborate weather sites will give you the answer as to whether to stay or go. TSR (Tropical Storm Risk) specialises in the serious weather predictions like typhoons whilst Windguru or Surf Forecast.com will give you finer details on rain, wind and sunshine in 4 hour blocks. Avoid "tourist " weather sites that only show symbols with no facts to back up.
Many people have gone to Central Vietnam at this time of year with no problems.
Cheers Ross
Monday, October 6, 2014
Central Vietnam in November - Yay or Nay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Central Vietnam so beautiful
ReplyDelete